Friday, April 24, 2009

DID YOU KNOW






Vice President Joe Biden and his wife Jill are Blue Hens, former NFL quarterback and CBS analyst Rich Gannon tossed touchdowns for UD, journalist Jeff Pearlman wrote for the school's newspaper - The Review- and Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is a recent graduate.
But recently, I had to hang my head in shame for current students and alumni nationwide.
Former defensive tackle Julian James, 22, was charged with one count of felony second-degree burglary, six counts of attempted burglary and two counts of theft on Tuesday.
The senior didn't steal money, iPods, an Xbox or a television... but food... $82 worth!
According to
The News Journal : "The suspect entered the unlocked (Ivy Hall) apartment while the two occupants were sleeping inside and raided the refrigerator, taking 100 frozen chicken wings, a pound of frozen salmon, 18 frozen Hot Pockets and 20 hamburger patties worth a total value of $82, according to court records."
Are you kidding me?
When I get hungry -- maybe not as hungry as the 6-2, 285-pound
James -- I stick my head in my own fridge scouring for food. I don't break into my neighbor's house and raid their pantry.
Seems like someone had a major case of the munchies.

No comments:

Post a Comment